Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bundled Up

Lately I've been doing a lot of thought (and discussing) personal style. I think it's a way of expression, and personality! But we say many do not have it. Do I think just happening to wear the same thing as all your friends exudes any type of individuality? No. Many just wear what their friends wear, or are inspired by celebrities like Taylor Swift; Miley Cyrus... etc.etc. Once I actually heard a girl say "Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez... The Usual." When asked about her style inspiration. I don't truely dislike them... Nevermind that, I really do kind of dislike some of these people. I feel like they are the reason so many teens are lacking expression in their wardrobes and just dress generically and strictly in trends.

The reason I critisize teens the most is because, I am surronded by them, and I am one. I do my best to not be generic, but sometimes, you just can't avoid it. I feel like now I do have a personal style though, instead of just thinking I do. Is it quite developed and defined? No not completly. But if I look through most of my outfit archives, and think of the few things I haven't posted on this blog, they all look like they would be something I would wear. But when I look at them all together, they look like a style, but not quite a collection. That in my opinion, is the best and most defined type of style where you could just open someones closet and look through their wardrobe, and automatically define their style. I hope someone of my limited followers have read this somewhere, and gotten something out of this post, and this blog just in general to inspire them to be an individual, because that is really what this experiance has done for me.

I really think about these things a lot, but I'm sort of afriad to post them, because I think I might regret it later. But honestly screw it. This is supposed to be a documentry of a type of evolution, and I'm just going to go with it. Really I still have a lot more to say about the general topic, but it wouldn't go with the rest of this post. SO enjoy your night everyone!

Shirt-Marshall's?: Boots-Canadians:Jeans-Delia's:Scarf-?:Cardigan-Forever 21:

No comments: